Sprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
Grows best at: 64°F – 75°F
- Please note that Red Oakleaf Lettuce is heat sensitive and best grown at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C). If the temperature is higher than 75°F (24°C) then germination is inhibited. Also, plants tend to bolt at high temperatures, which in turn may cause the flavor to become bitter.
- No need to thin the seedlings, just let them all thrive!
- Lettuce grows best if the lamp has just one arm from the start! If it's set too low it may burn your thriving plants. If set too high your plants will grow leggy and produce significantly less yield.
- You may also harvest gradually, starting approximately three weeks after planting by picking off the larger outer leaves first. Cut off single leaves gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is five to six weeks old.
- We recommend harvesting the whole pod in one go, approximately five to six weeks after planting.