Basil is often called the king of herbs for a reason. It is a natural source of vitamin A, grows easily and adds flavour to everything from pizza to pasta to salads. Basil will transform your food experiences and your health. All hail the king Basil soon to be growing in your Click & Grow indoor herb garden!
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Harvest in: 5 - 12 weeks
- Basil is not heat-sensitive and grows best at 18 - 30 °C / 64 - 86 °F.
- Basil likes to be cut! You can start trimming your plants about one month after planting. You may remove single leaves occasionally. But, for more thriving growth pinching off the whole tip is recommended - it will grow two new shoots in a week.
- Cutting and pruning your plant will also delay its flowering.
- A guide to pruning can be found here.
- When Basil starts to flower, the taste changes - for some people it will be too bitter. It is up to you - if you want to see your Basil flower and produce seeds, don’t cut your plant. If you like to keep using the leaves, cut the plant strongly back.
- But notice, that basil is an annual plant. It does not last forever. If 70 days old basil looks old already, well, it is time to replace the pod.