Did you know the name 'pansy' is derived from the French word 'pensée', meaning 'thought'? It's no wonder we keep thinking of these gorgeous flowers. They have been a source of inspiration for many artists over the years, including Georgia O'Keeffe who produced a stunning painting of a Black Pansy in 1926. Grow Black Pansies in your Smart Garden and bring some artistic vibes to your living space!
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Lasts up to: 12 weeks
- Black Pansy is a heat-sensitive plant and grows best at 18 - 26 °C / 64 - 79 °F. Germination and growth are inhibited if the average temperature reaches 30 °C / 86 °F.
- Pansy may seem a bit slow at the beginning but once it gets going it will grow a lot of leaves and flower stems fast.
- Expect to see the first flowers approximately five weeks after planting.
- Use the little black flowers to garnish your dishes.
- Black Pansy generally requires very little care - just remove withered flowers to promote the growth of new ones.