Did you know the name 'pansy' is derived from the French word 'pensée', meaning 'thought'? It's no wonder we keep thinking of these gorgeous flowers. They have been a source of inspiration for many artists over the years, including Georgia O'Keeffe who produced a stunning painting of a Black Pansy in 1926.
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Lasts up to: 12 weeks
- Red Pansy grows best at 18 - 26 °C / 64 - 79 °F.
- Use the little edible flowers to garnish your dishes and cold drinks.
- Red Pansy generally requires very little care - just remove withered flowers to promote the growth of new ones.
- Please keep in mind that Red Pansy grows best if the lamp has just one arm! If the lamp is set too low it may burn your thriving plants. If the lamp is set too high your plants won't get enough light and may grow leggy.
- The plant will grow much larger as it starts flowering around 50 days after planting. So no need to be alarmed if the plant feels tiny at that early age.
- Both the blooms and the leaves of Red Pansy are edible and high in vitamins A and C.