Brassica rapa var. japonica
This elegant salad leaf was first cultivated centuries ago in Japanese Buddhist gardens. Its mild mustard flavour makes it a versatile ingredient in almost any cuisine. Mibuna can be enjoyed raw or in delicious soups and stir-fries.
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
- Mibuna grows best at 18 - 30 °C / 64 - 86 °F.
- There is no limit to the number of seedlings per pod. Just let it thrive!
- Mibuna grows best if the lamp has just one arm. If the lamp is set too low it may burn your thriving plants. If the lamp is set too high your plants will grow leggy and produce less yield.
- You can start harvesting the plant in one month by picking off the larger, outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point. Harvest gradually until the plant is about 60 days old.
- Alternatively, you may harvest the entire Mibuna plant one month after it's been planted. Just remember not to allow it to age over two months.