Beta vulgaris var vulgaris
This incredible vegetable stems from the Mediterranean. Its gentle flavour makes it a perfect companion for a variety of dishes.
It's also packed with nutrients and is an excellent source of vitamins A, B and C. With Click & Grow you can enjoy the freshest, most succulent Green Chard you've ever tasted.
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Harvest in: 4 - 5 weeks
- Green Chard is not heat sensitive and grows best at 18 - 30 °C / 64 - 86 °F.
- A cup of Green Chard's fresh leaves is a perfect substitute for spinach.
- You can start harvesting in approximately three weeks by picking off the larger outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point.
- Harvest gradually until the plant is about five weeks old. If you prefer harvesting the whole pod at once, we recommend doing so four weeks after planting.
- Baby leaf size chard leaves are perfect for salads, smoothies and stir fries. It really is something to look forward to!
- 100 g of raw leaves contains only 19 calories.