Beta vulgarisChard is also known as silverbeet, spinach beet, crab beet, seakale beet, mangold, white beet, perpetual spinach, strawberry spinach, Roman kale, or bright lights.
Sprouts in: 1 - 2 weeks
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
- Red Chard grows best at 18 - 30 °C / 64 - 86 °F . Luckily, Red Chard is tolerant of hot temperatures! So you can grow it wherever you are.
- You can start harvesting in approximately three weeks by picking off the larger outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point. Harvest gradually until the plant is about five weeks old. If you prefer harvesting the whole pod at once, we recommend doing so five weeks after planting.
- Please note! The plant is entirely red and its red juice will stain your skin and clothing - as beet juice usually does.
- Excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants. One cup of chopped Swiss chard gives just 35 calories and provides more than 300% of the daily value for vitamin K.
- Perfect addition to salads, sandwiches, and juices.
- Ideal garden-to-plate addition to home gourmet food.
- Easy to grow in your Click & Grow garden.