The plants are supposed to live in the unit until their natural life cycle ends. However, if you wish, you can transplant them to a bigger pot and grow the plants like a regular gardener - add enriched soil mix and remember to water them. Before transplanting, remove the pod from its plastic container and loosen the soil around the roots. The nutrients in the smart soil will last until the end of the expected life cycle of the specific plant, but if you really want to transplant the plants, you should do it before their natural life cycle is up.
All Click & Grow plants generally last for about 2-6 months, depending on the species.
Here's a short guide on how to transplant your Click & Grow plant into a bigger container:
- First, lift the plastic cup along with the soil pod out of your Smart Garden.
- Remove the U-shaped lid and take the pod from its white plastic container.
- Loosen the soil around the roots to give them a better chance at adjusting to their new environment.
- Prepare a larger container by adding enriched soil mix. Keep in mind that the soil should be well-aerated and would contain an appropriate amount of nutrients suitable for the specific species.
- Transplant the plant to the new container and make sure the soil is moist. Allow the plant a few days to adjust to its new environment, keeping it in a well-lit area but away from direct sunlight.
As a kind reminder, we can not guarantee desired results once the plant has been removed from a Click & Grow device.